Friday, September 17, 2010

Mid September Already!


Sue and I had a lovely staycation the week after Labor Day here in beautiful downtown Charlestown. The weather was perfect and as we constantly reminded ourselves to relax, we dug out a perennial bed to make space for an overgrown strawberry bed, prepped a new bed for said perennials, planted lettuce and clover, harvested 40+ winter squash, watched netflix. Sue took afternoon trips to the beach and I relaxed at home with my book. The time was made more precious by the fact that Sue was to and did start a full time job on the 13th. 


And Bob's voice started to change...from peeping to a subtle teenage squeak. Still wondering if Bob is a boy or a girl...anybody else know?

While Sue has been orienting at Newport Hospital, I have been spending my time preparing for the classes I'll be teaching at Art-Is, and making samples, class descriptions, supply lists, etc for class offerings at Quilts and More in Westerly. There are piles of projects all around the studio. I have been pulling the old and new together, updating directions and illustrations, making new samples and of course trying to stay calm. So I am now going back to my class prep and will see where that takes me!
Hope the creative energy is surging around the world!!!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow the sign looks great! Had a nice dinner at B Stil's pad. Beautiful night, perfect temp for wave watching. She got your package and loved it. The mobile is so cute. Xoxoxo