Tuesday, November 1, 2011

California!

 

It seems so far away already, but in September Linda Willis and I took a great trip to Petaluma, California for the premier of the West Coast version of Art is You and couple of added on days for visiting old friends! The venue (Sheraton) was great and of course the fact that we got to meet new peeps and see some long lost buddies was the best! Among an inspiring array:

Ricë Freeman-Zachery and her amazing husband Earl!


Was feeling inspired by the work that was flying around the hotel. Loved Petaluma and thank you Julie Panusis for taking us around town!!!
Got to visit friends in Joan and Pietro Parravano in Half Moon Bay (where I spent many years). The weather was unusually warm for the northern coast of California and I loved the Giants game, picnic on the beach, relaxing sauna, the most excellent food and the time to just chat! Thank you!!


And Leo, Great to see you!


Finished up the journey with MT Silvia, former girlfriend and maker of the film "Atomic Mom"! We had a wonderful dinner with her best girlz some of whom I hadn't seen in 25 years. A talented and very funny group of women!! Got to sleep under the quilt I made her in 1985!


On my to the airport in Oakland, I check out the Institute Of Mosaic Art. (Thanks for the tip Katherine) It is a building in a mixed use part of Oakland that is filled with wonderful finished pieces and many ongoing works, such as the bathrooms. As you can see the outside of the building beautifully reflects the good works.


I missed my baby and was glad to get back to the East coast to see Sue and prepare for the Danbury Art Is!!

No comments: